Research Computing will perform regularly-scheduled planned maintenance Wednesday, 5 September 2018. September's activities include
- Security and bug fixes in the Summit and Blanca environments
- Configuration changes and testing for Summit scratch
- Replacement of a marginal network switch supporting the RC Core infrastructure
- Migration of a few remaining components of the RC Core infrastructure to our new VM environment
- Shut down old/decommissioned servers and monitor for unexpected side-effects
- Performance validation of Summit compute
Maintenace is scheduled to take place between 07:00 and 19:00, though service will be restored as soon as all activities have concluded. During the maintenance period no jobs will run on Summit resources. No jobs will run on Blanca resources until its updates are complete.
Maintenance of the RC Core may disrupt other operations, such as access to login nodes.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com