Research Computing will perform regularly-scheduled planned maintenance Wednesday, 5 June 2019. June's activities include
- Summit OPA switch firmware update
- Decommission Summit "debug" QoS
- Security updates on Internet-facing servers (including login nodes)
- Internal changes to RC DNS to better conform to public DNS
- PetaLibrary BeeGFS storage configuration testing
- PetaLibrary BeeGFS failure testing
- PetaLibrary BeeGFS OS and software updates
- PetaLibrary BeeGFS xattr and ACL support configuration
- PetaLibrary ZFS allocation incident investigation
- Summit performance validation
Maintenance is scheduled to take place between 07:00 and 19:00, though service will be restored as soon as all activities have concluded. During the maintenance period no jobs will run on Summit or Blanca resources, and PetaLibrary/active (BeeGFS) will be intermittently offline during to testing and configuration changes.
Blanca partitions may be individually returned to service on request, particularly if you are unaffected by the scheduled PetaLibrary/active outage.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org